Current funded project:
“The Intellectual Heritage of Radical Cultural Conservatism” funded Academy of Finland 2013-2017.
Member of the research projects
“Rethinking Cultural Diversity in Europe: Beyond Universalism and Particularism.” Research project led by prof. M. Ojakangas and financed by the University of Helsinki Network for European Studies 2010-2012.
“Governing Competition Society – The Finnish Market Regime in Comparative Perspective. S3: Political Institutions.” Research project led by prof. N. Kauppi and financed by Academy of Finland Power and Society in Finland programme 2007-2010.
“Displacement of politics.” Research project led by prof. Hänninen and financed by the Academy of Finland 1999-2001.
Difference, identity, otherness. Research Project led by prof. Vilho Harle. 1995.
Projects under preparation
Ongoing and past personal research projects and themes
- Political Trinity in Western Thought
- Critical Political Anthropology
- Philosophy of the Political
- Michel Foucault’s System of Thought
- The Primal Scene of Western Politics
- Politics of Life
- The Arts of Government
- The Thought of War
- Art and Politics
Personal Research Grants:
- The Ella and Georg Ehrnrooth Foundation 2013 (22 000 €)
- Emil Aaltonen Foundation 2003 (7000 €)
- Finnish Society for Non-Fiction Writers 2003 (1300 €)
- University of Helsinki Doctoral thesis grant (3300 €)
- The Finnish Cultural Foundation 2002 (13 500 €)
- Helsingin Sanomat Centennial Foundation 1999
- Väinö Tanner Foundation 1998 (10 000 €)
- Finnish Cultural Foundation 1996 (10 000 €)