The Great Tradition and nature of Totalitarianism 1953
Six lectures on the nature of totalitarianism delivered at the New School for Social Research in March and April of 1953.
- The Great Tradition I. Land and Power. Social Research Vol 74: No 3: 2007.
- The Great Tradition II. Ruling and Being Ruled. Social Research Vol 74: No 4: 2007.
Karl Marx and the Tradition of Western Political Thought. 1953
- Arendt’s manuscript on Karl Marx
- Published as Karl Marx and the Tradition of Western Political Thought. Social Research Vol 69: No 2: 2002.
Philosophy and politics 1954
- Lectures written in 1954.
- Published in Social Research Vol 57, no 1 (spring 1990) and
Social Research Vol 71 : No 3 (Fall 2004).
The History of Political Theory 1955
- Lecture course given at the University of California–Berkeley in the spring of 1955.
- The last lectures is published as “Epiloque” in Arendt: The Promise of Politics. Edited with an Introduction by Jerome Kohn. Schocken, New York 2005.
Questions of Moral Philosophy 1965-66
- Lectures at the New School for Social Research 1965-66.
- Published as “Some Questions of Moral Philosophy 1965-66”. In Arendt Responsibility and Judgement.Responsibility and Judgment. Edited with an introduction by Jerome Kohn. Schocken, New York 2003.
Lectures on Kant’s Political Philosophy 1970
- Lectures on Kant’s political philosophy delivered at the New School for Social Research in the Fall of 1970.
- Published as Lectures on Kant’s Political Philosophy. Edited and with an Interpretive Essay by Ronald Beiner. The University of Chicago Press, 1992.
- Das Urteilen. Texte zu Kants politischer Philosophie. Piper, München 1985